The Surgical Oncology (SOG) Department currently comprises of 4 Professors, 4 Associate Professors and 10 Assistant Professors. Additionally, there are 15 M. Ch post graduate students, 1 Medical Officer, medical nurses, along with the para-medical and support staff.
The year 1954, marked the beginning of a Great Institution, the “Cancer Institute (WIA)”, Adyar. It also marked the beginning of the “Department of Surgical Oncology” which has been providing state of the art cancer care ever since. A few of the pioneering work done in the SOG Department over the past several decades have been highlighted below
A Live relay operative surgical workshop called ‘frontiers in surgical oncology’ was conducted for the first time in the country as early as 1984. This led to a series of similar workshops at various time intervals in the department. With the installation of the ND-YAG Surgical Laser in 1985, the Cancer Institute was the first centre in India to perform Endoscopic and open laser surgery. The first successful performance of “Limb Salvage Surgery” for Bony Sarcomas in the country was another notable surgical milestone of the Cancer Institute in 1988. This work was pioneered by Prof. Mayilvahanan Natarajan. The indigenisation of custom-made prosthesis has proved it to be cost-effective option for service-oriented organisations such as the Cancer Institute. The Cancer Institute was the only centre wherein Intra-operative Electron Therapy was first practiced in1992. D2 Gastrectomy which is today considered as a standard operation in the management of stomach cancers was practised in the Institute way back from 1992.
Over the past several decades the Institute and the Department of Surgical Oncology has been witnessing a steady increase in the number of patients being treated and followed up. In order to cope up with the increasing patient numbers and to meet up to the challenges of increasing Specialisation, the Department of Surgical Oncology has expanded its infrastructure and has also branched out into various Sub Specialities. This has resulted not only in imparting more specialised state of art high quality treatment to the patients, but also better delivery of cancer care.
The Jasudben Chamanlal Kothari (Palanpur) Surgical Oncology Complex in the present Dr.SK campus was opened by Shri C. Subramaniam on 29th January 1982. It currently has 4 Major Operation theatres, a Minor OT, and a fully equipped State of art endoscopy suite. Additionally, the Block has 34 bedded postoperative ward, which included a 3 Intensive Care Unit beds. Due to the increasing clinical load, the SOG Department upgraded its infrastructure with the functioning of the four additional Major ‘State-of-Art’ Operation Theatres equipped with complete Instrumentation, a fully equipped ICU with 13 beds and a fully equipped Post-Operative Ward with 35 beds in the Diamond Jubilee Block, fully functional from September 2020 onwards. Further the scope of the Minimally Invasive Surgical services got a major impetus with the initiation of the Da Vinci Robotic system in January 2021.
The SOG department’s out-patient clinic caters to about 200 patients every day. All the treatment decisions are made through multispecialty boards and tumour boards. About 3000 major and 2500 minor surgeries are performed annually. The Department additionally performs around 5000 diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures annually. Oncological surgeries have traditionally been equated with radicalism and mutilation. However, over the years the paradigm in cancer surgery has been shifted on “Organ Preservation” and “Improving the Quality of Life” without compromising on the oncological principles. Read More
Specialized procedures like Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic and Thoracoscopic surgeries, Limb-salvage surgeries, isolated limb perfusion, sentinel node biopsies, cytoreductive surgeries with or without HIPEC, skull base surgeries, novel regional and microvascular reconstructions, parenchyma preserving lung resections and complex tracheal resections are routinely performed as indicated.
Research activities – Ongoing studies
There has been a significant increase in the Clinical Research Activities of the Department. The growing number of the publications from the Department is a testimony for the same.
2. Phase IIb/ III study to determine efficacy of curcumin and metformin to reduce the incidence of second primary tumors of aero-digestive tract in patients with history of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma trial. (SPT Trial)
2. Co- PI of Dendritic cell Vaccine in recurrent ovarian cancers- since 2021
2. SOCCER- an investigator initiated single centre phase two randomised trial comparing two neoadjuvant regimens in non-operative management of rectal cancer.
3. Participating in OPTIMISTICC study- an international study of the role of faecal microbiome in colorectal cancer.
4. Working on conditional survival analysis in gastric cancer.
2. Outcomes of Early Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Protocol for Patients Undergoing Radical Cystectomy at Cancer Institute.
3. Reliability of Multi parametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MpMRI) and Vesical Imaging – Reporting and Data Systems (VI-RADS) to detect the presence or absence of muscle invasion in urothelial malignancies of bladder.
2. Evaluation of MRI as a Substitute for Cystoscopy for Diagnosing Bladder Infiltration in Cervical Carcinoma Patients
The Department runs on M. Ch Surgical Oncology program with an intake of 5 Postgraduates per year, with a proposal to increase the same to 9 every year. More than100 M. Ch Surgical Oncologists have been trained and are in turn practicing Oncology across the country; some of them are heading departments and institutions in academic centres, training future Oncologists. Read More
A 14-point comprehensive teaching program for the post-graduates is currently being practiced in the Department which includes, attending the multi-disciplinary tumor boards, didactic lectures, academic debates, interdisciplinary theory classes, clinico-pathological correlation, ward Rounds, three monthly CMEs, one day basic Laparoscopic training course, one day Advanced Laparoscopic training course, journal club among others. An added emphasis on the art of clinical practice is being additionally covered as a part of the teaching curriculum.
Additionally, the Department has an Observership program for trainees across various clinical specialities including Surgical Oncology, General Surgery, ENT, Maxillofacial Surgery, ENT, Urology and Orthopaedics.
Dr. Arvind Krishnamurthy
Professor & Head
Dr. Anand Raja
Dr. V. Venktesh
Dr. Chandra Kumar
Dr. Vijay Sundar
Dr. Arun Menon
Dr. Madhu Priya
Dr. Shobana Sekar
Dr. Pradeep Jayakumar
Dr. Jagan Murugan
Dr. Arun Mitra
Dr. Vivek Patel
Dr. Madhusudhan Reddy
Dr. Bala Priya
Ms. Vilasini Raman
Bone Bank Technician
Dr. Malar Raj
Dr. Nossam Rama Subba Reddy
Dr. Gauri Mukupathey
Dr. Madhuri Nuttaki
Dr. Lesin Kumar
Dr. Anand Karnawat
Dr. Arvind Krishnamurthy
Professor & Head
Dr. Anand Raja
Dr. V. Venktesh
Dr. Chandra Kumar
Dr. Vijay Sundar
Dr. Arun Menon
Dr. Madhu Priya
(Gynaec Oncology )
Dr. Shobana Sekar
Dr. Pradeep Jayakumar
Dr. Jagan Murugan
Dr. Arun Mitra
Dr. Vivek Patel
Dr. Madhusudhan Reddy
Dr. Bala Priya
Ms. Vilasini Raman
Bone Bank Technician
List of Post Graduate
Dr. Malar Raj
Dr. Nossam Rama Subba Reddy
Dr. Gauri Mukupathey
Dr. Madhuri Nuttaki
Dr. Lesin Kumar
Dr. Anand Karnawat
Dr. KS Sanjivi Award in 2011
Best Doctors Award from the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, 2012
Iyan Valluvar award 2010
Shusrutha Award in Medicine 2019
Geetha R Gandhi Oration in 2021.
1. Tewari M, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Shukla HS. Predictive markers of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer. Surg Oncol. 2008 Dec; 17(4):301-11. doi: 10.1016/j.suronc.2008.03.003. Epub 2008 May 7. PMID: 18467090 - Cited 115
2. Ramshankar V, Soundara VT, Shyamsundar V, Ramani P, Krishnamurthy Arvind. Risk stratification of early-stage oral tongue cancers based on HPV status and p16 immunoexpression. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15(19):8351-9. doi: 10.7314/apjcp.2014.15.19.8351. PMID: 25339028. – Cited 97
3. Thangaraj SV, Shyamsundar V, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Ramani P, Ganesan K, Muthuswami M, Ramshankar V. Molecular Portrait of Oral Tongue Squamous Cell Carcinoma Shown by Integrative Meta-Analysis of Expression Profiles with Validations. PLoS One. 2016 Jun 9;11 (6):e0156582. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0156582. PMID: 27280700; PMCID: PMC4900586. - Cited 94
4. Krishnamurthy Arvind, Vijayalakshmi R, Gadigi V, Ranganathan R, Sagar TG. The relevance of "Nonsmoking-associated lung cancer" in India: a single-centre experience. Indian J Cancer. 2012 Jan-Mar; 49 (1):82-8. doi: 10.4103/0019-509X.98928. PMID: 22842173- Cited 57
5. Parmar V, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Hawaldar R, Nadkarni MS, Sarin R, Chinoy R, Nair R, Dinshaw KA, Badwe RA. Breast conservation treatment in women with locally advanced breast cancer - experience from a single centre. Int J Surg. 2006;4(2):106-14. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2006.01.004. Epub 2006 Feb 17. PMID: 17462324. -Cited 46
1. Rajkumar, Thangarajan; Soumittra, Nagasamy; Nancy, Nirmala Karunakaran; Swaminathan, Rajaraman; Sridevi, Veluswami; Shanta, Vishwanathan BRCA1, BRCA2 and CHEK2 (1100 del C) germline mutations in hereditary breast and ovarian cancer families in South India Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention Vol 4 num 3 page 203-208 year 2003 – Cited 59
2. Rajkumar, Thangarajan; Samson, Mani; Rama, Ranganathan; Sridevi, Veluswami; Mahji, Urmila; Swaminathan, Rajaraman; Nancy, Nirmala K; TGFβ1 (Leu10Pro), p53 (Arg72Pro) can predict for increased risk for breast cancer in south Indian women and TGFβ1 Pro (Leu10Pro) allele predicts response to neo-adjuvant chemo-radiotherapy Journal Breast cancer research and treatment vol 112 num 1 page 81-87 2008 – Cited 49
3. Rajkumar, T; Meenakumari, B; Mani, S; Sridevi, V; Sundersingh, S; Targeted Resequencing of 30 Genes Improves the Detection of Deleterious Mutations in South Indian Women with Breast and/or Ovarian Cancers. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention Vol 16 Num 13 page 5211-5217 2015 – cited 30
4. Aarthy, Raghu; Mani, Samson; Velusami, Sridevi; Sundarsingh, Shirley; Rajkumar, Thangarajan; Role of circulating cell-free DNA in cancers Molecular diagnosis & therapy vol 19 num 6 page 339-350 2015 – cited 71
5. Deva Magendhra Rao, Arunagiri Kuha; Patel, Krishna; Korivi Jyothiraj, Suneetha; Meenakumari, Balaiah; Sundersingh, Shirley; Sridevi, Velusami; Rajkumar, Thangarajan; Pandey, Akhilesh; Chatterjee, Aditi; Gowda, Harsha Identification of lnc RNA s associated with early‐stage breast cancer and their prognostic implications Molecular oncology vol 13 num 6 page 1342-1355 2019 – cited 33
2. Ayloor Seshadri R, Kondaveeti SS, Jayanand SB, et al. Complete clinical response to neoadjuvant chemoradiation in rectal cancers: can surgery be avoided? Hepato-gastroenterology. 2013 May;60(123):410-414. DOI: 10.5754/hge12354. PMID: 23635444.- Cited 47
3. Ramakrishnan A Seshadri, Ayyappan S, Ritesh T, Swaminathan R. Laparoscopic versus open surgery for rectal cancer after neoadjuvant chemoradiation: a matched case-control study of short-term outcomes. Surgical Endoscopy 2012,26:154-161. DOI: 10.1007/s00464-011-1844-5- Cited 43
4. Ramakrishnan A S, Mahajan V, Kannan R. Optimising local control in anorectal melanoma: Indian Journal of Cancer 2008; 45: 13-19 – Cited 32
5. Ramakrishnan A S, Olivier Glehen. The role of hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in gastric cancer. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology 2016;7:198-207 – Cited 27
6. Ramakrishnan A S, Hemanth Raj E. Diagnostic Laparoscopy in the Pre-operative Assessment of Patients Undergoing Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC for Peritoneal Surface Malignancies. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2016;7:230-235 DOI 10.1007/s13193-015-0486-9 - Cited 22
1. Introduced cryotherapy as a novel approach of recycling bone tumours
2. Used isolated limb perfusion for sarcoma
3. Standardised the technique of off-clamp technique for partial nephrectomies
4. Standardisation and routine use if sentinel node biopsy for carcinoma penis
Awards and Honours: Institute medal and best outgoing student in the M.Ch Surgical Oncology University examination, 2011.
1. Effect of COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns on planned cancer surgery for 15 tumour types in 61 countries: an international, prospective, cohort study ISR Collaborative, .The lancet oncology 22 (11), 1507-1517- Cited 14
2. Lymphangitis carcinomatosa: report of a case and review of literature A Raja, RA Seshadri, S Sundersingh Indian journal of surgical oncology 1 (3), 274-276 – Cited 14
3. Factors that impact the outcomes in testicular germ cell tumors in low–middle-income countries SV Saju, V Radhakrishnan, TS Ganesan, M Dhanushkodi, A Raja, Medical Oncology 36 (3), 1-11 – cited 14
4. Adapting management of sarcomas in COVID-19: an evidence-based review A Gulia, RS Arora, PK Panda, A Raja, A Tiwari, S Bakhshi, N Salins, Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 55 (1), 1-13- cited 11
5. Synovial sarcoma of kidney in a child: A rare presentation V Radhakrishnan, M Dhanushkodi, K Narayanswamy, A Raja, .Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons 21 (2), 75 – cited 8
MS (ENT): Madras Medical College, 2006
M.Ch (Surgical Oncology): Cancer Institute (WIA), 2011
Trained in Tissue Banking at NUH, Singapore.
Over 7 years’ experience in the management of primary bone tumours, soft tissue tumours, metastatic bone disease and cutaneous malignancies.
1) Introduced cryotherapy as a process of recycling tumour bone.
2) Established the Bone Bank at the Cancer Institute in 2019
1. Outcome after surgery for metastases to the pelvic bone: A single institutional experience – 13
2. Outcome after surgery for extremity soft tissue sarcoma in patients presenting with metastasis at diagnosis – 11
3. Factors associated with local recurrence after surgery for bone metastasis to the extremities – 4
4. Ambulation Recovery After Surgery for Metastases to the Femur - 1
1. Ratha V, Sundar IV, Sampath N, Kumar VRR. Changing paradigms in the surgical management of brainstem gliomas. Lessons learnt from Prof Nagpal's paper published in 1983. Neurol India. 2019 Jan-Feb;67(1):20-36. doi: 10.4103/0028-3886.253617.
2. V Ilangovan, TTR Vivakaran, D Gunasekaran, D Devikala Epidural tramadol via intraoperatively placed catheter as a standalone analgesic after spinal fusion procedure: An analysis of efficacy and cost. Journal of neurosciences in rural practice 8 (01), 055-059
3. Intradural disc herniation-a case report.SK Jain, IV Sundar, V Sharma, RS Goel, R Gupta Turkish Neurosurgery 23 (3), 389-391
4. Bilateral large traumatic basal ganglia haemorrhage in a conscious adult: a rare case report SK Jain, IV Sundar, V Sharma, KL Prasanna, G Kulwal, RN Tiwari Brain Injury 27 (4), 500-503
5. Acute traumatic orbital encephalocele: A case report with review of literature M Jaiswal, IV Sundar, A Gandhi, D Purohit, RS Mittal Journal of neurosciences in rural practice 4 (04), 467-470
1. Menon AR, Hussein AA, Attwood KM, White T, James G, Xu B, Petroziello M, Roche CL, Kauffman EC. Active Surveillance for Risk Stratification of All Small Renal Masses Lacking Predefined Clinical Criteria for Intervention. J Urol. 2021 Aug; 206 (2):229-239.
2. Raja A, Ratnagiri R, Mss K, Malik K, Menon AR. Primary Renal Synovial Sarcoma Case Series: Clinical Profile and Management of a Rare Entity. Urol Int. 2021 Nov 29:1-3
3. Arun Ramdas Menon, T.P.Rajeev, Nivedita Suresh, Suraj Hegde. Mixed epithelial and stromal tumour with extension to vesicoureteric junction. Asian J Urol. 2019 Jul;6(3):302-304
4. Menon AR, Suresh N, Ravinder P, Puthalath RT. Metachronous bladder metastasis from papillary renal cell carcinoma. J Cancer Metastasis Treat 2016; 2:130-2.
5. Menon AR, Thomas AS, Suresh N, Shashidhar SM. Cutaneous metastasis: An unusual presenting feature of urologic malignancies. Urol Ann 2016; 8:377-80.
MS (Gen.Surg): Madurai Medical College, 2002
M.Ch (Plastic Surgery): Stanley Medical College, 2013
MS (ENT): Stanley Medical College, 2014
DNB (ENT): NBE 2015
Fellowship: Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Centre, Narayana Health City, Bengaluru 2017
MS (Gen.Surg): Annamalai University 2010
M.Ch (Surgical Oncology): Cancer Institute (WIA), 2016
MS (Gen Surg): Armed Forces Medical College, Pune: Gold Medallist
DNB (Surgical Oncology): Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi
MS (Gen Surg): Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences - 2018
M.Ch (Surgical Oncology): Cancer Institute (WIA) - 2021
MS (Gen Surg): Jiwaji University, Gwalior - 2012
M.Ch (Surgical Oncology): Cancer Institute (WIA) – 2021
MS (Gen Surg): Manipal Academy of Higher Education-2017
M.Ch (Surgical Oncology): Cancer Institute (WIA) – 2021
MS (ENT): VMMC - 2016
M.Ch (Head & Neck Oncology) : AIIMS- 2021
MS (Gen Surg): Chettinad Academy of Research & Education - 2021
1. Completed advanced speech and swallowing fellowship in Head and Neck Cancer (2019-2020)
2. Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile (MBSImp) – completed as Registered clinician (April 2020 – 2025)
3. Attended Langmore Foundation FEES (Fibre-optic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing) Course – April 2019
4. Post Laryngectomy Rehabilitation Course –Surgical Voice Restoration and Dysphagia rehabilitation in Laryngectomy – April 2019
List of Publications (2years)
2. Shyamsundar V, Thangaraj SV, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Vimal S, Kesavan P, Babu A, Kmk M, Ramshankar V. Exome Sequencing with Validations and Expression of p16/CDKN2A Shows no Association with HPV in Oral Cancers. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2022 Jan 1;23(1):191-200. doi: 10.31557/APJCP.2022.23.1.191. PMID: 35092388.
3. Durai L, Ravindran S, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Karunagaran D, Vijayalakshmi R. Synergistic effect of metformin and vemurufenib (PLX4032) as a molecular targeted therapy in anaplastic thyroid cancer: an in vitro study. Mol Biol Rep. 2021 Nov;48(11):7443-7456. doi: 10.1007/s11033-021-06762-7. Epub 2021 Oct 30. PMID: 34716862.
4. Kumar L, Krishnamurthy Arvind Bhattacharya S. Cervical carotid siphon: A potential menace during neck dissection. ANZ J Surg. 2021 Jul 16. doi: 10.1111/ans.17085. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34270170.
5. Krishnamurthy Arvind, Gopinath KS. The Big Billion Indian COVID 19 Vaccine Challenge. Indian J Surg Oncol. 2021 Feb 1;12(1):1-2. doi: 10.1007/s13193-021-01280-1. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33551614; PMCID: PMC7848040.
6. Thangaraj SV, Shyamsundar V, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Ramshankar V. Deregulation of extracellular matrix modeling with molecular prognostic markers revealed by transcriptome sequencing and validations in Oral Tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Sci Rep. 2021 Jan 8;11(1):250. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-78624-4. PMID: 33420101; PMCID: PMC7794513.
7. Thirumalairaj R, Parikh PM, Agarwal A, Singh R, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Desai SS, Maheshwari A, Mehta P, Ghafur A, Somashekhar SP, Iqbal A, Savant DN, Hussain SMA, Bhatt A, Wangdi T, Bajpai J, Ranade AA, Babu KG, Bapna A, Biswas G, Malhotra H, Krishna MV, Baral RP, Vashishtha R, Safi AJ, Agarwal S, Agarwal JP, Rathnam KK, Mohapatra PN, Kumar RV, Rajappa S, Limaye SA, Vora A, Reddy VAP, Parekh BB, Rath GK. South Asian Declaration-Consensus Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccination in Cancer Patients. South Asian J Cancer. 2021 Jan;10(1):3-8. doi: 10.1055/s-0041-1731909. Epub 2021 Aug 20. PMID: 34430512; PMCID: PMC8378920.
8. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Advances in surgery in 2020: The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on cancer surgeries and cancer care - a brief overview. Indian J Cancer. 2021 Jan-Mar;58(1):38-40. doi: 10.4103/ijc.IJC_1271_20. PMID: 33762484.
9. Krishnamurthy Arvind, Ramshankar V. Current Status and Future Perspectives of Molecular Prevention Strategies for Cervical Cancers. Indian J Surg Oncol. 2020 Dec;11(4):752-761. doi: 10.1007/s13193-019-00910-z. Epub 2019 Mar 18. PMID: 33299288; PMCID: PMC7714876.
10. Krishnamurthy Arvind, Yarram RR. Modified submental flap reconstruction for verrucous-papillary lesions of the oral cavity. Indian J Cancer. 2020 Oct- Dec;57(4):496-497. doi: 10.4103/ijc.IJC_505_19. PMID: 32769298.
11. Iyer P, Radhakrishnan V, Balasubramanian A, Sridevi V, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Dhanushkodi M, Sundersingh S, Ganesarajah S. Study of pathological complete response rate with neoadjuvant concurrent chemoradiation with paclitaxel in locally advanced breast cancer. Indian J Cancer. 2020 Oct-Dec;57(4):428-434. doi: 10.4103/ijc.IJC_524_19. PMID: 32675440.
12. Tiwari Y, Krishnamurthy Arvind. Long-term outcomes of differentiated thyroid cancers with tracheal invasion: A 15-year experience. Indian J Cancer. 2020 Oct- Dec;57(4):398-404. doi: 10.4103/ijc.IJC_456_19. PMID: 32675437.
13. Veeraiah S, Elangovan V, Tripathy JP, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Anand T, Reddy MM, Sudhakar R, K N, Subramani D, Rajaraman S, Elluswami HR, Nirgude A. Quit attempts among tobacco users identified in the Tamil Nadu Tobacco Survey of 2015/2016: a 3 year follow-up mixed methods study. BMJ Open. 2020 Sep 3;10(9):e034607. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-034607. PMID: 32883722; PMCID: PMC7473619.
14. Mathew B, Vidhubala E, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Sundaramoorthy C. Can Cancer Diagnosis Help in Quitting Tobacco? Barriers and Enablers to Tobacco Cessation Among Head and Neck Cancer Patients from a Tertiary Cancer Center in South india. Indian J Psychol Med. 2020 Jul 18;42(4):346-352. doi: 10.1177/0253717620930317. PMID: 33402796; PMCID: PMC7746891.
15. Krishnamurthy Arvind, Behuria SS. Demographic Trends in Carcinoma Esophagus from India along with a Brief Comparative Review of the Global Trends. South Asian J Cancer. 2020 Jul;9(3):163-167. doi: 10.1055/s-0041-1723103. Epub 2021 Apr 26. PMID: 33937139; PMCID: PMC8075626.
16. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Reply to follow-up of incidental findings on positron emission tomography. World J Nucl Med. 2020 Jul 1;19(3):319-320. doi: 10.4103/wjnm.WJNM_42_20. PMID: 33354198; PMCID: PMC7745848.
17. Tiwari Y, Krishnamurthy Arvind. Long-term outcomes of differentiated thyroid cancers with tracheal invasion: A 15-year experience. Indian J Cancer. 2020 Jun 22. doi: 10.4103/ijc.IJC_456_19. PMID: 32594076.
18. Krishnamurthy Arvind, Gopinath KS. The Need for Prioritizing Cancer Surgeries Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic. Indian J Surg Oncol. 2020 Apr 29;11(2):1-2. doi: 10.1007/s13193-020-01080-z. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32351285; PMCID: PMC7188486.
19. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Mandibular metastasis as a presenting feature of a clival chordoma. J Cancer Res Ther. 2020 Apr-Jun;16(3):668-671. doi: 10.4103/jcrt.JCRT_613_18. PMID: 32719288.
20. Ramanujan V, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Venkataramani K, Kumar C. Pulmonary metastasectomy in primary extremity osteosarcoma: Choosing wisely, along with a brief review of literature. Indian J Cancer. 2020 Apr-Jun;57(2):172-181. doi: 10.4103/ijc.IJC_497_18. PMID: 32445321.
21. Kamakshi K, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Karthik V, Vinodkumar P, Kumar RK, Lakshmipathy KM. Positron emission tomography-computed tomography-associated incidental neoplasms of the thyroid gland. World J Nucl Med. 2020 Jan 14;19(1):36-40. doi: 10.4103/wjnm.WJNM_33_19. PMID: 32190020; PMCID: PMC7067132.
22. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Evaluating oncological outcomes of patients amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. J Clin Sci Res 2020; 9:171-6
23. Krishnamurthy A, Kothandaraman SK, Sekhar S. Authors' reply to Vaish et al. Cancer Res Stat Treat 2020; 3:870-1
24. Mittal S, Krishnamurthy A, Kothandaraman SK, Dhanushkodi M, John A. Exploring the prognostic significance of the pretreatment inflammatory markers in hypopharyngeal cancers: A retrospective analysis. Cancer Res Stat Treat 2020;3:437-44.Muthiah Vaikundaraja I, Dhanushkodi M, Radhakrishnan V, Peumal Kalaiyarasi J, Selvarajan G, Kesana SS, SM C, Iyer P, Ananthi B, Krishnamurthy A, Velusamy S, Gnana Sagar T. Outcome of Breast Cancer Patients with COVID-19 Infection: A Report from a Tertiary Cancer Center in India. Arch Breast Cancer [Internet]. 2021 Oct. 31 [cited 2021 Nov. 10];:291-6.
25. COVIDSurg Collaborative. Effect of COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns on planned cancer surgery for 15 tumour types in 61 countries: an international, prospective, cohort study. Lancet Oncol. 2021 Nov;22(11):1507-1517
26. Parikh PM, Bhattacharyya GS, Biswas G, Krishnamurthy A, Doval D, Heroor A, Sharma S, Deshpande R, Chaturvedi H, Somashekhar SP, Babu G, Reddy GK, Sarkar D, Desai C, Malhotra H, Rohagi N, Bapna A, Alurkar SS, Krishna P, Deo SVS, Shrivastava A, Chitalkar P, Majumdar SK, Vijay D, Thoke A, Udupa KS, Bajpai J, Rath GK, Dattatreya PS, Bondarde S, Patil S. Practical Consensus Recommendations for Optimizing Risk versus Benefit of Chemotherapy in Patients with HR Positive Her2 Negative Early Breast Cancer in India. South Asian J Cancer. 2021 Dec 31;10(4):213-219
27. Thirumalairaj R, Parikh PM, Agarwal A, Singh R, Krishnamurthy A et al. South Asian Declaration-Consensus Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccination in Cancer Patients. South Asian J Cancer. 2021 Jan;10(1):3-8
28. Krishnamurthy Arvind Dr. V. Shanta: A crusader who revolutionized global cancer care. Journal of Medical Evidence. 2021; 2:98
29. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Dr. V. Shanta: A cancer crusader with a mission of service above self. Indian Journal of Cancer 2021; 58:310-11
30. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Bridging the gap between clinical practice guidelines and routine clinical practice for invasive mediastinal staging in non-small cell lung cancers. Cancer Res Stat Treat 2021(In Press)
31. Subramaniam N, Poptani H, Schache A, Bhat V, Iyer S, Sunil H V, Chandrasekhar NH, Pillai V, Chaturvedi P, Krishna SH, Krishnamurthy Arvind, Kekatpure V, Kuriakose MA, Iyer N G, Thakkar A, Kantharia R, Sonkar A, Shetty V, Rangappa VB, Kolur T, Vidhyadharan S, Murthy SP, Kudpaje A, Srinivasalu VK, Mahajan A. Imaging advances in oral cavity cancer and perspectives from a population in need: Consensus from the UK-India oral cancer imaging group. J Head Neck Physicians Surg [serial online] 2021 [cited 2021 Jul 8]; 9:4-12.
32. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Head-and-neck cancer management in the COVID-19 era: practice recommendations. Cancer Res Stat Treat 2020 3 (2), 323
33. Gnanaguru V, Dhanushkodi M, Radhakrishnan V, Kalaiarasi JP, Rajan AK, Selvarajan G, Kesana S, Kothandaraman S, Sekhar S, Vaidhyalingam V, Krishnamurthi A, Nagarajan A, Ramanaiah K, Kumar H, Kumar A, Madhavan R, John A, Ranganathan R, Ganesan TS, Sagar TG. Induction chemotherapy in locally advanced head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma: Real-world outcome. Oncol J India 2020; 4:105-9
34. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Breast cancer prognostic tools: a promising Indian option Int J Mol Immuno Oncol 2020,5(2):47-8
35. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Addressing the unmet need of improving survival outcomes of bone and soft tissue tumors. Cancer Res, Stat, Treat.2020;3:119-120
36. Dhanushkodi, M., Iyer, P., Ananthi, B. ….Krishnamurthy Arvind et al 'Fulvestrant in Hormone-Positive Advanced Breast Cancer (ABC): Real-world outcome. Cancer Research, Statistics, and Treatment 2020: 3 ; 275-80
37. Krishnamurthy Arvind et.al. Primary intraosseous leiomyosarcoma of the clavicle secondary to radiation therapy. Cancer Research, Statistics, and Treatment 3 (3), 6120.
38. Krishnamurthy Arvind, Behuria SS. Demographic Trends in Carcinoma Esophagus from India along with a Brief Comparative Review of the Global Trends. South Asian J Cancer. 2020 Jul;9(3):163-167.
39. Krishnamurthy Arvind Modified submental flap reconstruction for verruco-papillary lesions of the oral cavity" Indian Journal of Cancer. 2020 57 (4), 496-496
40. Krishnamurthy Arvind. Addressing the unmet need of improving survival outcomes of bone and soft tissue tumors. Cancer Res, Stat, Treat.2020;3:119-120
2. Gaurav D , Sridevi V, Mohanaraj N. A Tertiary Cancer Center Experience of 52 Cases of Primary Ovarian Mucinous Adenocarcinomas. South Asian J Can. 2020;9(2):90-92.
3. Vijay G, Manikandan D, Venkatraman R, Jayachandran PK, Nikita M, Archit J, Arun Kumar R, Gangothri S, Parathan K, Ananthi B, Priya I, Geetha S, Manjula R, Madhu P, Arvind K, Sridevi V, Hemanth R, Rama R, Shirley SS, Krishna K, Selvaluxmy G, Ganesan TS, Sagar TG. Letrozole and Palbociclib in Advanced Breast Cancer: Outcome from Cancer Institute, Chennai. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2020;41:182-6.
4. Manikandan D, Sridevi V. Long-Term Survival of Advanced Breast Cancer with Letrozole and Palbociclib: Can the Intent Change from Palliation to Cure? Indian Journal of Gynecol Oncol. 2020;18(1):28.
5. Indhuja MV, Manikandan D, Venkatraman R, Jayachandran PK, Nikita M, Arun Kumar R, Gangothri S, Siva Sree K, Ananthi B, Priya I, Geetha S, Manjula R, Arvind K, Sridevi V, Hemanth Raj, Rama R, Shirley SS, Selvaluxmy G, Ganesan TS, Sagar TG. Fulvestrant in hormone-positive advanced breast cancer: Real-world outcome. Cancer Res Stat Treat. 2020;3:275-80.
6. Nagare RP, Sneha S, Sidhanth C, Roopa S, Murhekar K, Shirley S, Swaminathan R, Sridevi V, Ganesan TS. Expression of cancer stem cell markers CD24, EPHA1 and CD9 and their correlation with clinical outcome in epithelial ovarian tumours. Cancer Biomark. 2020;28(3):397-408.
7. Aarthy R, Deva Magendhra Rao, Sridevi V, Shirley SS, Rajkumar T, Samson M. Identification of novel somatic cell-free DNA variants by next-generation sequencing in breast cancer patients. International Journal of Molecular and Immuno Oncology. 2021;6(1):16-26
8. Priya I, Venkatraman R, Ananthi B, Sridevi V, Arvind K, Manikandan D, Shirley SS, Selvaluxmy G. Study of pathological complete response rate with neoadjuvant concurrent chemoradiation with paclitaxel in locally advanced breast cancer. Ind J Can. 2020;57(4):428-434.
9. Deva Magendhra Rao AK, Arvinden VK, Deepa R, Krishna P, Meenakumari B, Priya R, Shirley SS, Sridevi V, Rajkumar T, Herceg Z, Harsha G, Samson M. Identification of novel dysregulated circular RNAs in early-stage breast cancer. J Cell Mol Med. 2021;25 (8):3912-3921
10. Oviya RP, Gopal G, Shirley SS, Sridevi V, Jayavelu S, Rajkumar T. Mitochondrial ribosomal small subunit proteins (MRPS) MRPS6 and MRPS23 show dysregulation in breast cancer affecting tumorigenic cellular processes. Gene. 2021;790:145697.
11. Vaikundarajaa IM, Manikandan D, Venkatraman R, Jayachandran PK, Gangothri S, Siva Sree K, Carthikeyana, Priya I, Ananthi B, Arvind K, Sridevi V, Sagar TG. Outcome of Breast Cancer Patients with COVID-19 Infection: A Report from a Tertiary Cancer Center in India. Archives of Breast Cancer. 2021; 8(4):292-297.
12. Manikandan D, Sridevi V, Shanta V, Rama R, Swaminathan R, Selvaluxmy G, Ganesan TS. Locally Advanced Breast Cancer (LABC): Real-World Outcome of Patients from Cancer Institute, Chennai. JCO Glob Oncol. 2021;7:767-781.
13. Aarthy R, Deva Magendhra Rao AK, Krishna P, Sridevi V, Rajkumar T, Harsha G, Samson M. Alteration of miR-362-5p and miR-454-3p expression elicits diverse responses in breast cancer cell lines. Mol Biol Rep. 2022;49 (1):821-826.
14. Rajkumar T, Amritha S, Sridevi V, Gopal G, Sabitha K, Shirley SS, Swaminathan R. Identification and validation of plasma biomarkers for diagnosis of breast cancer in South Asian women. Sci Rep. 2022;12(1):100.
2. Jayanand Sunil Bhanu, Balasubramanian Venkitaraman, Ravisankar Palaniappan, Rama Ranganathan, Ramakrishnan Ayloor Seshadri & Vikash Mahajan. Prognostic Factors and Survival Outcomes of Surgical Resection of Huge Hepatocellular Carcinomas Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer 2020:51;250–253
3. S. Bhanu, R.S. Ayloor, R. Ranganathan. Survival outcomes after radical cholecystectomy for carcinoma gall bladder. HPB:20 supplement 2, s704, september 01, 2018
4. Rajkumar Billakanti, Ramakrishnan Ayloor Seshadri, Srikanth Soma, Hemanth Makineni, Shirley Sundersingh. Lymph Node Harvest After Neoadjuvant Treatment for Rectal Cancer and Its Impact on Oncological Outcomes. Ind J Surg Oncol Published online ahead of print July 25, 2020. doi.org/10.1007/s13193-020-01162-y
5. Kalpana Balakrishnan, Nivedhyaa Srinivasaraghavan, Meenakshi V Venketeswaran, Thendral Ramasamy, Ramakrishnan A Seshadri, E Hemanth Raj. Perioperative factors predicting delayed enteral resumption and hospital length of stay in cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy: Retrospective cohort analysis from a single centre in India. Indian J Anaesthesia 2020;64(12):1025-31
6. Caroline Young, Henry M. Wood, Ramakrishnan Ayloor Seshadri, Pham Van Nang, Carlos Vaccaro, Luis Contreras Melendez, Mayilvahanan Bose, Mai Van Doi, Tamara Alejandra Piñero, Camilo Tapia Valladares, Julieta Arguero, Alba Fuentes Balaguer, Kelsey N. Thompson, Yan Yan, Curtis Huttenhower and Philip Quirke. The colorectal cancer-associated faecal microbiome of developing countries resembles that of developed countries. Young et al. Genome Medicine (2021) 13:27. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13073-021-00844-8
7. Meenakshi V Venketeswaran, Nivedhyaa Srinivasaraghavan, Kalpana Balakrishnan, Ramakrishnan A Seshadri, Sahithya Sriman. Intubation outcomes using the aerosol box during the COVID-19 pandemic: A prospective, observational study. Indian J Anaesth 2021;65(3):221-228 DOI:10.4103/ija.IJA_1578_20
8. Bhandoria G, Solanki S, Bhavsar M, Balakrishnan K, Bapuji C, Bhorkar N, Bhandarkar P, Bhosale S, Divatia J, Ghosh A, Mahajan V, Peedicayil A, Nath P, Sinukumar S, Thambudorai R, Seshadri R, Bhatt A. Enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) in cytoreductive surgery (CRS) and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC): a cross-sectional survey. Pleura and Peritoneum. 2021;6(3):99-111000010151520210117. https://doi.org/10.1515/pp-2021-0117
9. Ramakrishnan Ayloor Seshadri, Ajit Agarwal. Lateral Pelvic Node Dissection in Rectal Cancer – Is it Premature to Write it Off? Ind J Colorec Surg 2020;3(3):77-78
10. B. Alkhaffaf , A. Metryka3 J. M. Blazeby etal. on behalf of the GASTROS International Working Group. Core outcome set for surgical trials in gastric cancer (GASTROS study): international patient and healthcare professional consensus. Br J Surg 2021; 1-9. DOI: 10.1093/bjs/znab192
11. Effect of COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns on planned cancer surgery for 15 tumour types in 61 countries: an international, prospective, cohort studydoi. COVIDSURG collaborative. Lancet Oncology 2021, Published October 5, 2021. doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(21)00493-9
2. Analysis of extra-cranial germ cell tumors in male children: Experience from a single centre in India Kumar H, Saju SV, Radhakrishnan V, Raja A,GanesanTS, Dhanushkodi M,Kalaiarasi JP, Mehra N Joshi A, Rajan AK, Selvarajan G, Sagar TG Pediatric Hematology Oncology Journal, Volume 5, Issue 2,2020,Pages 37-42,ISSN 2468-1245,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phoj.2020.03.012.
3. Malik K, Raja A, Radhakrishnan V, Kathiresan N. A retrospective analysis of patients undergoing postchemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection and metastasectomy in advanced nonseminomatous germ cell tumors. Indian J Urol. 2020 Apr-Jun;36(2):112-116. doi: 10.4103/iju.IJU_301_19. Epub 2020 Apr 7. PMID: 32549662; PMCID: PMC7279107.
4. Malik K, Raja A, Shirley S. Isolated regional nodal metastasis in giant cell tumor offof the bone: Case report and review of literature. South Asian J Cancer. 2020 Jan-Mar;9(1):58. doi: 10.4103/sajc.sajc_244_19. PMID: 31956626; PMCID: PMC6956574
5. Gulia A, Tiwari A, Arora RS, Gupta S, Raja A. Sarcoma Care Practice in India During COVID Pandemic: A Nationwide Survey. Indian J Orthop. 2020 Jul 31:1-8. doi: 10.1007/s43465-020-00206-3. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32836364; PMCID: PMC7393016
6. Gulia A, Arora RS, Panda PK, Raja A, Tiwari A, Bakhshi S, Salins N, Goel V, Janu A. Adapting Management of Sarcomas in COVID-19: An Evidence-Based Review. Indian J Orthop. 2020 May 30:1-13. doi: 10.1007/s43465-020-00143-1. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32836361; PMCID: PMC7261215.
7. Raja A, Malik K, Arunandhichelvan A, Kathiresan N, Ravishankar LS. Utility and Safety of Repeat Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor Performed at a Tertiary Center. South Asian J Cancer. 2020 Jun;9(2):86-89. doi: 10.1055/s-0040-1721213. Epub 2020 Dec 14. PMID: 33354550; PMCID: PMC7745745.
8. Raja A, Malik K, Kathiresan N, Radhakrishnan V. Nerve-Sparing Postchemotherapy Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection (PC RPLND) for Nonseminomatous Germ Cell Tumour: Experience from a Tertiary Cancer Centre. Indian J Surg Oncol. 2021 Jun;12(2):374-377. doi: 10.1007/s13193-021-01313-9. Epub 2021 Mar 25. PMID: 34295081; PMCID: PMC8272781.
9. Shah A, Ramanujan V, Muralidharan K, Raja A. Outcomes of Vascular Resection and Reconstruction in Extremity Soft Tissue Sarcoma and Bone Tumors. Vasc Specialist Int. 2021 Mar 31;37(1):22-28. doi: 10.5758/vsi.200064. PMID: 33795550.
10. Raja A, Ramanujan V, Krishnan CK, Patel V. In Situ Preparation for Nerve Preservation in Extremity Soft Tissue Sarcoma. Point of Surgical Technique. Indian J Surg Oncol. 2021 Sep;12(3):641-646. doi: 10.1007/s13193-021-01376-8. Epub 2021 Jul 11. PMID: 34658597; PMCID: PMC8490571
11. Raja, A., Malik, K. Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Wall Penetration by IVC Filter Detected Incidentally During Retroperitoneal Lymphadenectomy. Indian J Surg Oncol 12, 362–364 (2021).
12. Malik K, Raja A, Ravishankar LS, Narayanaswamy K, Radhakrishnan V, Sagar TG. Intravesical Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) Therapy for Non-muscle Invasive Bladder Cancers: Long-term Results of a Modified Schedule. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2021 Sep 9:1-6.
13. Ravisankar P, Malik K, Raja A, Narayanaswamy K. Clipping inguinal lymphatics decreases lymphorrhoea after lymphadenectomy following cancer treatment: results from a randomized clinical trial. Scand J Urol. 2021 Sep 23:1-6. doi: 10.1080/21681805.2021.1980096. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34553670.
14. Raja A, Malik K. Inferior Vena Cava Reconstruction for Nonseminomatous Germ Cell Tumor. Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology. 2021 Aug;42(04):364-5.
15. Rangarajan GK, Krishnakumar R, Raja A, Singh SS, Manivannan N. Role of Bone Scan and MRI in Designing of Customized Prosthesis for Limb Salvage Surgery of Long Bone Tumors: 4 Years of Single Institution Analysis. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2021 Nov 10:1-8.
16. Malik K, Chandrasekaran D, Kathiresan N, Raja A. Factors Predicting Nodal Metastasis in Penile Cancer: Analysis from a Tertiary Center. Urol Int. 2021 Nov 24:1-6. doi: 10.1159/000519918. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34818663.
17. Raja A, Ratnagiri R, Mss K, Malik K, Menon AR. Primary Renal Synovial Sarcoma Case Series: Clinical Profile and Management of a Rare Entity. Urol Int. 2021 Nov 29:1-3. doi: 10.1159/000520223. PMID: 34844254
18. Raja A, Krishnan CK. Melanoma: Gaps in knowledge and treatment. Cancer Res Stat Treat 2021;4:728-30. doi: 10.4103/crst.crst_311_21
19. COVIDSurg Collaborative. Effect of COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns on planned cancer surgery for 15 tumour types in 61 countries: an international, prospective, cohort study. Lancet Oncol. 2021 Nov;22(11):1507-1517. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(21)00493-9. Epub 2021 Oct 5. PMID: 34624250; PMCID
2) Kim Y, Krishnan CK, Kim HS, Cho HS, Han I. Ambulation Recovery after Surgery for Metastases to the Femur. Oncologist. 2020; 25(1):e178-e185. doi:10.1634/theoncologist.2019-0107
3) Raja A, Krishnan CK. Melanoma: Gaps in knowledge and treatment. Cancer Res Stat Treat 2021;4:728-30
4) Bansal S, Nisha B, et al (2020): Why is management of musculoskeletal neoplasms critically delayed? - A teaching hospital based investigation into symptom interval in musculoskeletal neoplasms, Ann Trop Med & Public Health; 23(S23): SP232323.
2. Raja A, Ratnagiri R, Mss K, Malik K, Menon AR. Primary Renal Synovial Sarcoma Case Series: Clinical Profile and Management of a Rare Entity.
Urol Int. 2021 Nov 29:1-3. doi: 10.1159/000520223.
2. Curative resection for adenocarcinoma of the gastro-esophageal junction following neo-adjuvant chemotherapy—thoraco-abdominal vs. trans-abdominal approach. Langenbecks Arch Surg 406, 613–621 (2021).
2. Jaipuria J, Kohli T, Venkatasubramaniyan M, Singh A, Gupta S, Pathak P, Sharma G, Mitra S, Talwar V, Rawal SK. Adjuvant radiation compares favorably to chemotherapy in patients with carcinoma penis and nodal positivity restricted to groin. Urol Oncol. 2020 Jul;38(7):641.e9-641.e18. doi: 10.1016/j.urolonc.2020.03.026. Epub 2020 Apr 22. PMID: 32334927.
3. Rajappa SK, Ram D, Shukla H, Mandal G, Venkatasubramaniyan M, Dubey A, Agarwal M, Kumar R, Dewan AK. Oncological benefits of postoperative radiotherapy in node-negative early stage cancer of the oral cavity with isolated perineural invasion. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2019 Jun;57(5):454-459. doi: 10.1016/j.bjoms.2019.04.002. Epub 2019 Apr 25. PMID: 31031061.
4. Singh A, Agarwal M, Singh N, Chaturvedi H, Venkatasubramaniyan M, Chopra A. Utility and relevance of modified lateral trapezius myocutaneous flap as a locoregional reconstructive option for medium-sized ablative defects in head and neck cancer-our experience. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2020 Sep;277(9):2539-2549. doi: 10.1007/s00405-020-05952-6. Epub 2020 Apr 8. PMID: 32270329.
5. Singh A, Chopra A, Chaudhary S, Venkatasubramaniyan M, Joshi K, Agarwal M. Modified submental platysmal adipomyofascial flap: is it a reliable alternate reconstructive option for small- to mid-sized defects especially in male patients with oral/oropharyngeal cancer? Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2021 Jul;278(7):2559-2567. doi: 10.1007/s00405-020-06415-8. Epub 2020 Oct 9. PMID: 33037441; PMCID: PMC7546521.
6. Jaipuria J, Karimi AM, Singh A, et al.Pitcher pot neourethral modification of ileal orthotopic neobladder achieves satisfactory long-term functional andquality of life outcomes with low clean intermittent self-catheterization rate. BJUI Compass. 2021;00:1–8. https://doi.org/10.1111/bco2.82
7. Vidya Madhusoodhanan Menon, Anila Sharma, Meenakshi Kamboj, Sunil Pasricha, Shivendra Singh, and Manikandan Venkatasubramanian.Journal of Gynecologic Surgery.Dec 2020.361-364.http://doi.org/10.1089/gyn.2020.0081
Scientific meetings conducted/planned
2. Organized SCOPE 2015 (Surgical Oncology Clinical Orientation Program for Exam going Postgraduates) at the Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai on 24/05/2015.
3. Organized the One Day Workshop on Interventional Pulmonology and VATS on the September 2nd, 2017, at the Auditorium of Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar Chennai.
4. Organizing Chairman of Annual National Conference of the Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology-2019 (FHNO 2019, Chennai)
2. Palliative care for the surgical oncologist- webinar in association with Indian Association of Surgical Oncology in October 2020.
3. NATCON 2014- Annual conference of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology October 2014 in Chennai.
4. International rectal cancer update in February 2012 at Cancer Institute (WIA), Chennai
1. International Uro-Oncology Update, Chennai, Feb 22nd-23rd, 2020.
2. Update on Musculo-Skeletal Oncology (Online): Nov 21st, 2021.
1. 9th Annual meeting of the Indian Association of Indian Musculo-Skeletal Oncology Society, March 2023.
2. Symposium on brain tumors in June 2022 [planned]
1. 9th Annual meeting of the Indian Association of Indian Mysculo-Skeletal Oncology Society, March 2023.
2. Innovative Technique for Modified Sub-mental flap in Head and Neck Reconstruction. Described and published. (Krishnamurthy Arvind et al. Indian J Cancer. 2020, Krishnamurthy Arvind Indian J Surg Oncol. 2013)
3. Innovative Technique of Using a Combined Local Flap for Reconstructing a Complex Nasal Defect. Described and published. (Krishnamurthy Arvind. Indian J Surg. 2018)
4. Innovative Technique of the Classical Bakamjian Flap in Reconstruction of the Sternum/ Described and published. (Krishnamurthy Arvind Indian J Surg. 2015)
5. Innovative Technique of Using a Mandible Preserving Pull-Through Oropharyngectomy Approach for managing a Base Tongue Cancer. Described and published (Krishnamurthy Arvind Indian J Surg Oncol. 2015)
6. Innovative approach towards managing an aspirated voice prosthesis in a laryngectomized patient. Described and published. (Krishnamurthy Arvind Indian J Surg Oncol. 2014)
7. Innovative technique of Stapler closure technique for laryngectomy. Described, published, and modified subsequently. (Krishnamurthy Arvind Indian J Surg Oncol. 2013)
8. Was a part of a team of India's first published series of performing breast conservation treatment in women with locally advanced breast cancers. (Parmar V, Krishnamurthy Arvind et al. Int J Surg. 2006)
9. Part of an Expert group that was involved in the formulation of the South Asian Declaration-Consensus Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccination in Cancer Patients. (Thirumalairaj R, Parikh PM, Agarwal A, Singh R, Krishnamurthy Arvind et al. South Asian J Cancer. 2021 Jan)
2. One of the first centres in India to practise non-operative management for rectal cancers thus avoiding the morbidity and functional disturbances associated with rectal cancer surgery
3. One of the first centres in India to practise cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC for peritoneal surface malignancies, extralevator abdomino-perineal resections and intersphincteric resections for rectal cancer.
4. Bladder preserving pelvic exenteration for advanced rectal cancers to avoid the morbidity of a pelvic exenteration.
2. 3-D printed prosthesis for bone tumors
3. Biological reconstruction for bone tumors with use of Biological autograft prosthesis composite
4. Epiphyseal transfer for growing fibular reconstruction.
5. Isolated limb perfusion (ILP) for soft tissue reconstruction
6. In-situ preparation for sarcomas involving nerves/vessels
7. Novel technique for reconstruction of distal tibia for cancer
8. Spare-part technique for reconstruction of soft tissue defects in sarcoma.
9. Partial (Sagittal) and total enbloc spondylectomy for para-spinal tumors involving the spine.
10. Sentinel node biopsy in penile cancers.
11. Off clamp technique for partial nephrectomy.
2. Incorporation of ERAS protocols to assist early discharge in Urologic-oncology patients.
3. Development of prospectively maintained databases in GU oncology to assist future research projects.
2. 3D printing of prosthesis
Please feel free to contact our friendly staff with any medical enquiry.