To provide state of art treatment to any cancer patient irrespective of his / her social or economic status.
Our vision is that no human being, without any social or economic divide, should undergo suffering because of any cancer disease;
To establish and run a charitable, non-profit, non-commercial cancer hospital, with state of art facilities for both diagnosis and treatment
First cobalt-60 teletherapy unit in the entire South East Asia including Australia and Japan was installed at the Institute in 1956.
The first Medical Oncology unit in the country started functioning at the Cancer Institute (WIA) - 1970.
The Institute introduced the first linear accelerator in the entire country in 1976.
The first Rapid Arc therapy facility in the entire country was established in 2009
Mr. R. Chandrasekaran, a former Ranji Trophy Cricketer from 1960s has donated 1800 sqft, 3 bed room flat in Adyar area to the Cancer Institute (WIA). Mr. Chandrasekaran was also an Umpire, Match Referee, TNCA Treasurer and Selector. He has donated this flat in the memory of his wife Mrs. Vasumathi who was a cancer patient at the Institute. Their son Mr. Vasanth was also a Ranji Trophy Cricketer who passed away at the age of 45. We are deeply grateful to Mr. Chandrasekaran for his noble gesture.read more...